Made to press right into your bike this Shimano BB92 Bottom Bracket will mate your Shimano HollowTech crankset to any frame equipped with a BB92 bottom bracket shell. It comes with two steel cartridge bearings pressed into composite cups. The cups increase the outside diameter of the assembly to 41mm to match the I.D. of the frames’ bottom bracket shell. Being part of the new press-fit standard there is also a 1.75mm thick outer lip that provides a positive stop for the cups when you press them into place. Shimano includes their standard plastic O-ringed inner sleeve to protect against water damage should any find its' way inside your frame. It also uses black plastic dust shields that snap into the inner race of each bearing.
The Shimano SM-BB92-41B is an absolute joy to frame designers looking for a little more room for new designs in seat/down tubes and rear suspension layout. Where a typical mountain bike has a 68 or 73mm bottom bracket shell width, a BB92 equipped bike has a shell that measures 86.5mm wide. A BB92 shell also lacks internal threads and has a 41mm inside diameter. Dura-Ace, with improved ergonomics, ensures top notch performance for advanced cyclists and pros on the peloton.
- Maintenance free
- Easy press-fit installation
- Sealed cups keep out dirt and water
- Made from fibre reinforced Polymer material to reduce risk of damage and frame noise
- Set includes left and right hand cups, inner cover, and inner O-rings
- Compatible with 86.5 mm shells
- Material: Composite body |Stainless steel bearings
- Series: SM-BB92
- Cup Diameter: 41 mm
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years
- Actual Weight: 76 g
- Suits: Hollow Tech crank set, Hollow Tech II
- Use: Road